- We had a great get-together with family and friends to usher in the New Year.
- The children are back from Tokyo and Edinbrough for two weeks and I am savouring every moment with them.
- My partner's golf handicap is improving day by day.
- My school mate from CBN is now Yang Maha Mulia Tengku Dato' Aishah Rohani Binti Al-Marhum Tengku Besar Mahmud of Negeri Sembilan. Congratulations Aishah!
- Yesterday I received a text message from Pak Tarsono (remember my taxi driver in Jakarta?) I was so touched, and more so taken by his lyrical message of good wishes:- Seiring bergulirnya waktu . . Tak terasa tahun tlah berganti . . . Seiring trompet bernyanyi saya ucapkan "Happy New Year 2009" Mga damai sekeluarga sentiasa ada . .
2008-2009The bad news in KL . . .
- Burglary 1: Our tenant was burgled two days before new year. Alarm was deactivated in 30 secs without damaging grills or windows; got away with cash and jewelry. Verdict: Inside job? Maid? Computer repair man?
- Burglary 2: A close friend, who was supposed to join us to usher in the New Year, was burgled on NY's eve afternoon. Condo apartment broken into with no damage to grills; major losses. Verdict: Inside job? Condo security?
- Burglary 3: My partner's golf buddy was burgled on NY's eve - 2 laptops, camera, new golf shoes and cash stolen.
- Our daughter's close friend at uni lost her younger brother in a road traffic accident on Xmas eve.
My resolutions . . .
1. Do not get into a rut. Keep the inches down.
2. Clear out my closets.
3. Start writing more seriously and come out with a book this year.
4. Keep on blogging.